- This event has passed.
VITA Free Tax Preparation at Valley High School (2)
April 6 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Free tax preparation with United Way California Capital Region!
If your household income was $60,000 or less, you can get free tax help from an IRS certified professional with VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program).
Don’t wait to get free help to prepare your federal and state taxes. No appointment required.
Documents you need to bring with you:
- Valid Photo ID
- Social Security cards for all persons on your tax return
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birthdates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- W2 (for all jobs worked)
- 2016 Income Tax Return, if available
- 1099-G for Unemployment payments
- 1099 for any bank interest you earned
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Statement from your mortgage company (if applicable)
- If filing jointly, your spouse must be with you
Deadline to file taxes is Monday, April 15, 2019.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) is a national program that offers help to people who make a limited income and need assistance preparing their tax returns.